• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OBD I chip/eprom who what where when and how

Drago

Reaction score
First I want to thank you guys for fixing my lift pump and EGR/Vacuum pump issue. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just removed the egr valve, put an inch&threequarter freeze plug and bolted over a steel plate on it. Test drove it to make sure I didn't get a whistle. Nothing bad happened. I was wondering if you guys could tell be where the chip is at where can I get one programmed for an EGRless engine?

Is there anything I can do about the soot build up in the manifold short of pulling it out and drowning it in GUNK?

For the chip I would PM member kojo.

The ecm is behind the glove box, just remove the glove box door. The ecm should just pull out and the chip is held in with a couple screws.

The holder? I think it may be. If you PM kojo he could tell you exactly what it looks like and how to do it. I've never had mine out, when Westers did my tune they took it out.

http://walkingjdesigns.myshopify.com/ Patrick used to sell the kojo tune, I don't see it on his web site anymore. I don't know if that tune would still be sanctioned by the owners of this site. Meaning he may or may not be a vendor here. Heath, Kennedy and Webster, and the 6 tune programmer are also non vendors.

If there are no vendors on this site for an upgrade chip for the OBD1, do not see any reason why the 6-tune programmable chip can not be suggested as an option, while the others can be openly suggested.....I know this is beating a dead horse (well maybe not quite dead yet), but I thought we were try to help each other improve our trucks.

There is a member on this site, whom has developed a chip, giving 6 programs. Have only heard good feedback on it so far. I would suggest also, that you do the search, get an e-mail address from the developer, and buy from him.

Ranting now finished.....m'excuse.

if you want info for the 6 banger chip, go to D.P. and look for member C1500, PM him and you will have answers.... and i agree witth what my bro says... there is alot of politics on these sites for vendors, and its not like buddy was stealing the food from heath's, or John Kennedy's mouths....

Last edited:
Here we go again? IMO: I sell a Turbo Boost Bolt a Fuel Pressure Tap & a MRFSU and am the only one as far as I know. Should I drop my "vendorship" and just sell here anyway? NO! because this site has rules and I know/knew that coming in.

EDIT: I will agree other non vendors do get talked about here very openly and not much is done, but Im actualy OK with that as we all benefit from it. If a member wants to talk about another source of products thats cool with me as long as its not linked to. Thats how I find alot of stuff and members on other sites refer to mine and some even link to my site (not sure of their rules)
BUT for a non vendor to come here and start selling/PMing................other members is blantanty (sp?) braking the rules of this site.
Again this is only my opinon and the owners of this site probaly feel different and other vendors as well.

picardssdd.jpg

I looked at some of the chips available. From what I can tell I wouldn't benefit from a new chip unless I bolt a bunch of other performance parts. I think what I'll do is disconnect the "service engine soon" light and hook up the tester every time I change the oil.

where can I find the 6 program chip and would I benefit from it, I got a stock 6.5 NA

You were right the first time, Drago.

You have a stock 6.5 NA (which, by the way, you should fill out in your signature, as that little tidbit would help others to help you). That means you are limited by the amount of air you can get in (no turbo), by the amount of exhaust you can get out (stock downpipe and exhaust), and the amount of fuel that a chip (6-program or otherwise) will gain you (none, since you probably don't have a DS4 in that configuration).

Click on the 'signature' link in my signature, and fill yours out. Otherwise, any information we give you might well be for the wrong truck, and won't help you much.

Thanks!

where can I find the 6 program chip and would I benefit from it, I got a stock 6.5 NA

are you for real? have you not even read any of the FAQ or anything? you do not have a DS4 in a N/A truck.... your pump is a DB2831-5088 read "MECHANICAL", the only computer you have in your truck is for the 4L80E transmission..... if it is even an automatic? do what Jim said and fill out your sig.

KBC

I need to apoligize for aiding in the resurrection of a controversy here. Definitely not my intention to cause trouble. Now in retrospect, after searching in the OP's previous posts, realized that his truck is n/a. should have applied the first rule of answering questions on the forums.......tell the member to fill out his signature so we are better able to aid him. Instead, I just made the assumption (then pumped my brother up too) that the cure-all for this man's woes was the 6-banger chip. Sure feel like an ass now.....

.....and Dennis, we are not aware that you are or were or might be banned from the other site. One thing however, all references to the ATT have been replaced with ***. Kind of a joke really, many have come up with nick-names, when discussing it.

ok I filled out the sig, let me know what other info would be useful, tomorrow I disconnect the light and check the codes. I'm really happy with this truck and it is proving quite easy to work on. especially with all the info I got from here. I figured I must of saved few hundred bucks at least already

Back