• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lookin' For a 6.5 Shop in Denver Area

Badaxe

Reaction score
I'm lookin' for a reputable 6.5 shop in the Denver area to do a scan to see where timing is and/or any other issues besides my tempermental FSD exist. The local dealership is willing to look at it, but now a days if the computer doesn't tell 'em exactly what to fix they get lost. If this is stuff I can do myself with a scanner of program please let me know.

--Cody

I definitely plan on the GMCD Tech Scan sooner than later, but with the tempermental FSD the wife wants me to make sure there are no other issues going on. With three boys ranging from 6yrs to 1 month she's less happy about the stalling than I am. With my low miles (140K) it really does runs smooth as far as I can tell. I do plan on A-Team, cooling upgrade, injectors, etc. eventually.

I was also hoping to shake a few Colorado 6.5ers out of the works, there are plenty of D-Maxxers in the area, so we will see what happens.

Not a Coloradoan, but good luck with the 'burb.

Have you read the 6.5 tech library here on TTS? Plenty of stuff here if you dig.

I definitely plan on the GMCD Tech Scan sooner than later, but with the tempermental FSD the wife wants me to make sure there are no other issues going on. With three boys ranging from 6yrs to 1 month she's less happy about the stalling than I am. With my low miles (140K) it really does runs smooth as far as I can tell. I do plan on A-Team, cooling upgrade, injectors, etc. eventually.

I was also hoping to shake a few Colorado 6.5ers out of the works, there are plenty of D-Maxxers in the area, so we will see what happens.

I am 27 miles east of CO, but I dont know or have shit! :D But seriously, If you need help badly, I could come help for fuel.

GM Guy, thanks for the offer, but an admitted lack of knowledge won't get fuel in your tank. lol.

Question, I know my FSD is touchy, will the Tech Scan find it as an issue?

GM Guy, thanks for the offer, but an admitted lack of knowledge won't get fuel in your tank. lol.

Question, I know my FSD is touchy, will the Tech Scan find it as an issue?

No. FSD/PMD hardly trigger any codes. It is very symptomatic like stalling and inability to start.

The only way to diagnose it is replacement with a known good PMD, if you can start or the stalling stop, then it is a PMD/FSD problem.

When my FSD started going it threw a bunch of different codes, too many to list, I thought my Tahoe was ready to fall apart, changed out my FSD and everything cleared up, haven't had any codes since, it's bin two months. So I think if you scan before you mite get a bunch of codes that are bogus. JMO.

Back