• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rotella??

busdriver75

Busier than hell...
Reaction score
i had an oil guy tell me today that he wouldn't put Rotella 15W-40 on his bicyle chain...

i've always run Rotella without problem, and so has my uncle in all of the semi tractors he services. any comments?? problems????

great stuff, and zillions of people use it, including truckers.

guy sounds like he just sat through a 2 hour amsoil ad

I have ran it for years...All we used in the tractors on the farm and in our trucks to..We use it here at the county in all our eq. with no probs. One thing that I have noticed is when they went to there new formula that it dose brake down a little quicker but its not enough to cause any probs because we change the oil in our graders every 250 hrs. And im still running it in my D-Max with no probs...

roger that response driver....

the oil guy i talked to works for the co-op and said that John deere has been trying to get the coop to make oil for them for a long time, but the co-op doesn't have the facilities...

a JD contract could add a litte to the bottom line IMHO and would help pay for some added capacity.

i'll stick to rotella.

Rotella is fine. I use it in all my diesel equipment and have had no problems. I change at regular intervals as well.

Well over 100k on Rotella T 15w40 and zero issues.
Your "oil guy" obviously doesn't want you to buy anything but whatever he's selling. Ignorant sales tactics like that are why he's gonna need another line of work soon.

i'm running rotella in mine now without issues. i just wanted to see if the local guy can get it for me in 2.5 gal jugs. looks like Tractor Supply will continue to be my supplier.

i had an oil guy tell me today that he wouldn't put Rotella 15W-40 on his bicyle chain...

I use a can of roller chain lube on by bicycle chain. I wouldn't use Rotella on my bicycle chain either. I would, and do use it in all of my heavy equipment and my ride. I'll prolly go sysnthetic, but millions of truckers can't be wrong. They wouldn't be in business if it was crap.

I use a can of roller chain lube on by bicycle chain. I wouldn't use Rotella on my bicycle chain either. I would, and do use it in all of my heavy equipment and my ride. I'll prolly go sysnthetic, but millions of truckers can't be wrong. They wouldn't be in business if it was crap.

well put!!:hurray:

Rotella is fine, both the dino and synthetic. I used both up to 50K miles before switching over to Mobile 1 turbo diesel, but would go back to the Rotella at any time. I found that my truck idles at about 5 psi higher with the mobile 1, so for now I'll stay with it.

Back