• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Yamaha Riders!

Thats funny. I've yet to EVER see any of the "big block" bikes hang on a track with even a stock liter bike. Sure, I've raced at Phoenix, would be happy to show you how that zx WONT corner.

Dang I was just seeing it said Mile High under your name and was gonna suggest the same thing. I could use some pointers, and looks like you know what the hell your doing.

if you are ever up here i wouldnt have a problem givent you some pointers, even if you go to your local track im sure there are some experts there that could also help you out. The sooner the better cause you need to make habits while riding and have everything you do in your nervous system ya know, so if you dont have the right stuff going on now its just gonna make it that much harder in the future

You ever ridden at MX338 (Southwick)?

We went up and rode on a couple of practice days and have been to the nationals there a few times now. Killer sand track.

That's one hell of a long drive with the trailer and six bikes though!!!

yea ive been to southwick its a sick sandy track, but it is a bit of a drive, i also go to the unadilla and broome tioga nationals in NY. Unadilla is the best for parties before pro night it gets crazy as everyone calls it una****indilla

oh cornering you got me....I'll admit that...Im talking about a drag race..straight away

I'm a road racer not a drag racer. Thats what my truck is for. :sifone:

If we are going to do a circuit track...I'll go get a zx-6 and dominate...

And yet another funny statement. The zx's arent even in the top ten in the CMRA. R6 is just too well refined. :thumbsup:

All the numbers I see put the CBR piece of shit #2 and the zx-6 at number 1....the R6 is like 4th...old technology hasn't been updated in years

And don't get me wrong either...the zx-14 handles like a dream on the road course. It surprised the hell outta me...The busa is just top heavy and horrible center of gravity, the zx-14 just dominated it both in handling and the straight away, but my old gixxer 1000 was better on the road course....BTW I have always been a Suzuki guy untill recently...You may want to ride the kawi's before you mock them....they surprised even me!

The busa is an absolute DOG when it comes to a road course. I tried to make a few laps on one at Texas World Speedway and after making two passes I brought it back to the guy and told him that a three wheeler can corner better than that thing.

If you cut me with a knife I bleed Yamaha blue. :D

I have yet to lose a drag race on the Max:boxing_smiley::ciappa: but over 130 and the V-Max is a bit unstable:smash:and forget corners:eek:ut:....or even stoping real fast for that matter:D I'll have to trade out for my Ducati 996s to do some turns and high speeds, it's effortless on that thing, even with it's "old technoligy".:hat:

Haven't ridden a ZX14, but have been on a Busa before.......:mad2: don't even think about turning that thing, it's not pretty.:eek:ut:

The 14 does way better than the busa...its not as good as the 600's and 750's but its not far behind the liter bikes in handleing....its quite surprising

The 14 does way better than the busa...its not as good as the 600's and 750's but its not far behind the liter bikes in handleing....its quite surprising

It's hard to beat a modern 600 all the way around. Weighs nothing, and with all the power, handling, brakeing you can put on the ground.:ihih:

14 sounds fun to try for a while. I've had my Duc for about a year now and I'm hooked. Never thought a liter bike could be so effortless to ride in the twisties.:thumbsup:

WOW!!! I cant even believe I heard that. Hey Russell, sounds like its time for us to put my R1 back together and see iffn we can find a zx to meet me at TWS. :D

We could always do the Allen Pkwy run:biggrinjester: plenty of Westheimer boys still running around there.

Back