• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Working on the pipeline

A new pipe line was put in just a couple miles from my place last summer. I was very impressed with the great job they did repairing the land when they were finished. It's as if they were never there, and when the grass sprouts, you'll never be able to tell it........... Man those guys had some magnificent equipment.

I worked lots of pipline during my apprentice years. The gayest part was when the line was in and back filled we had to go back and pick rocks by hand for days.

LOVE seeing those pipeline pictures. Which line is that out in Utah? That' Ruby line runs all the way up into Oregon.

I do miss being out on the line. I ran a crew pipeline surveying for 3 years ('07-'10) and I had a great time. Got to meet a lot of good people, guys I still stay in touch with and see some really cool places and stuff. I've been from Duluth, Minnesota in the middle of January to Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our first three days in Duluth the temp was -19, -20, and -23 degrees. And that was before the wind chill. The third day had a 35 mph wind. Wind chill somewhere in the neighborhood of -40 or -50 below zero. You can't buy and put on enough layers of Carhartt's. I have a several hundred pictures of my time out on the pipeline, I'll have to upload some on here.

Back