• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

working on my suburban

farmer0_1

stuck in the past
Reaction score
after 2-3 years of sitting finally drug the old suburban into the shop for a major make over. bought it not running with a non tested 6.2 , got it running and it smoked and missed something horrible. found a na 6.5 in a pickup with under 30k on it . was a company pu and nobody liked driving the old rig. bought the pickup for a grand and drove it 200 miles home . ran like a top. so now i pulled both engines and regasketed and resealed the 6.5. and corrected all the stuff that was wrong from the original install. got it running in the suburban now. going thru all the brakes and wheel bearing now. been robbing parts off the old pickup . it has brand new tires and wheels new windshield from the previous owner. going to do the interior next going to do vinyl floor and redo all the seats with vinyl. headliner is also on the list. got to call on an overdrive that bolts inplace of the tailshaft on the transfer case. turbo 400 with 4.11 gears. if i have time this winter straighten her out and get new paint on it. this will be our sunday go to church rig. i will get more on here as i go along.

Attachments

• P1010011 (Small).JPG
    P1010011 (Small).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 2
thanks for all the kind words. its an 85. interior is rough but that comes easy. out test driving up and down the road today seems ok have to get the hood back on. just have to hook up the ac and will have it back to factory . posi works did a nice j hook on some barnyard grass .

Back