• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WooHoo! HID Conversion Kit Coming!

ProjectMax

Reaction score
I have finally ordered up a HID conversion kit for my truck. I ordered up some 8000k's for the lows, and next month when I get paid again, I am going to get the 4300k's for the highs. I cant wait!:D

8000k....geez.... congrats on the kit but a 6000k is sufficient..... anything above that and you are losing the purpose of HID, you lose visibility.....

Cool..

Be sure to post up some nice night shots of the new setup!

hey, im sorry that came across like I was being a ball buster.... i was more asking why you went with the 8000k..... I just got a 6000k setup for the new truck and my fogs are coming that are 6000k too

hey, im sorry that came across like I was being a ball buster.... i was more asking why you went with the 8000k..... I just got a 6000k setup for the new truck and my fogs are coming that are 6000k too

No worries man, no offense taken. I went with the 8000k because I like the bluer light- expecially in the snow. I was split between the 6000k and the 8000k for awhile. My wife has 6000k on her car and are really nice. My father in law just put in 8000k in his mustang and I really like how they look. The visibility seems too close to me to really matter. So we will see. If I dont like them, I will change them for sure.

Ok I finally have a pic of my HID's on my truck. Sorry the pics took so long to get up, been busy with mountain trips too. So far I love the lights. I will be ordering a kit for the high beams and fogs next week. Also have wheels coming too- been busy getting goodies:D

Here are some pics of our mountain trips too:beer:

Never driven a vehicle at night with HID's is there a big difference? I currently have the denali headlights in mine and it was a improvment over the stock set-up but what is the price for HID conversion and will it work with my denali lights?

Back