• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WIF Sensor Threads?

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
What is the thread size & per inch in a DMax WIF sensor? I don't feel like paying somebody a bunch of $ for a plug if I can make my own.

Idk, but it's pretty big and I guarantee it's metric.

You could get the Nictane filter head and use the cat filters with no WIF. ;)

Mike, I think it may be M36x1.5.. If you are going to do away with it I would also suggest switching over to a Nictane set up or something similar.

Nope, as the WIF sensor closes the circuit, so it's normally open. Just now there's no chance of it closing, lol.

No chance of it closing after the wimpy ass wires break off either. And after 2 trucks and well over 200k miles with these and no more than a couple of drops of water ever, I just dont think I need a WIF sensor to screw around with that doesn't have anything connected to it. Don't know that I need the Nictane setup. What's the advantage?

There is a huge cost advantage in filter costs plus you get a 2 micron filter. The last time I picked up filters I paid $14.00 each the best AC-Delco price I can find is $33.36 so there is a big cost difference. The switch over will pay for itself very quickly.

There is a huge cost advantage in filter costs plus you get a 2 micron filter. The last time I picked up filters I paid $14.00 each the best AC-Delco price I can find is $33.36 so there is a big cost difference. The switch over will pay for itself very quickly.
Got more info? Pics? Thread? I'm down to 1 or 2 Parker/Racors left. They ARE 2 micron BTW and have been for 2 years or so now. But yeah, about $35 a copy... I'm interested in saving money. 10-15 k interval?

Back