• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

why i hate automatic transmissions...

Yes thats the RPM input into the TCM, but that isn't really used for shifting, as critical as the TPS is.
I can't remember exactly what mine was doing but I thought it was something similar to the problem the OP has. I think it ended up being a wire to that sensor pinched between the engine and trans. (happened after I changed the engine)

If the internal spring snaped back and the tps is at full relaxed position the TCM will not reconize 0 volts and will only show on a scanner a defaulted #. You need to slighty load the tps and put tension on the tps spring until it reads something like .5 volts.

I have a TPS that will be going unused that I pulled off a 6.2 I bought last year. It's yours if you want it, but not sure how quickly you need it.

There is also an output shaft speed sensor. This tells the control module that the thing is moving.

Now if the speedo is working then likely its ok.

Missy

Would be nice to know what symtoms you had prior to and/or the reason for replacing that tranny.
l would have a good look at the wiring and tranny pass trough connector.
And maybe it is a "faulty rebuild" issue.
All solenoids can be tested for ohms and working at the connector as well.

I have a TPS that will be going unused that I pulled off a 6.2 I bought last year. It's yours if you want it, but not sure how quickly you need it.

6.2 tps I believe have a different connector. Might be able to depin it and put 6.5 connector on it?? Got a picture of it?

Back