• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which sat radio?

schulte

ACCELLERANT!!!
Reaction score
Sirius or XM? And, which reciever?

Decided I need something to listen to other than the one crappy country station on my commute (1hr 15min each way).

It's the same company now since they merged.

What's wrong with country? :D When I'm up in Danbury, CT I can't find a country station so save my life.

It's the same company now since they merged.

What's wrong with country? :D When I'm up in Danbury, CT I can't find a country station so save my life.

I love country, thats just the problem. All we have here is country 92.5, which is 94% ads and 6% whiney country ):h.

music stations are the same now,but if you like sports or talk radio, you need to pick the service that has what you want to hear...

When you get the Sat radio setup, you will wonder how you lived without it. :thumbsup: My truck, the wife's car and our house all use Sat radio.

They have some great country stations. Some are commercial free. You will love it!

I've had both and I like Sirius better. :smile5:

if you like country i think sirius is much better. i have had both and think sirius is the better of the two. i listen to country rock and the sort and i definitely like the sirius. if you can find an older reciever they are better because the FM modulators are much stronger.

me to, now that they are merged there isn't much difference in the music channels anymore.I lost a couple of stations I really liked and gained some crappy xm stations as replacements,not happy. Biggest diff is sports and maybe talk radio. Sirius gets the football,xm gets the baseball. You can get baseball on sirius and football on xm but it will cost you extra fees.

Me three. AX started to suck after a while. I could spend an hour sifting through and never find anything decent on. Sirrius is way better I think. Now that the merger has taken place, the good content has gone down in my opinion.

I have Sirius and I like it.
Sirius also has no commercials on their music channels. Whereas XM has commercials on the channels owned by Clear Channel.
Now way in hell I'm paying $12/month to hear commercials, I dropped XM as soon as they started that!
Sirius is better, I agree the quality programming has gone downhill recently with this merger. I'll keep it until they start with the commercials.

Whats this digital music I keep hearing about? That have commercials on it?

I have had sirius for 2 years now, for me, the merger was not a good thing. The 2 stations I listened to most (besides Nascar 128) were 14 and 15 which used to be album type classic rock, now they are filled with top 40 crap and DJ's that push their voices that I dont care to hear, the 70's channel on #7 has that already. Long story short I still like it a lot, just a little less than before.

i found that the music programming has gone down hill a bit but that is because they kept the XM guy to be in charge of the music selection. over all i cant complain. i still have Octane 20, Faction 28, sirius 60 new country and now i get the virus O&A so the merger isn't too bad.

I have XM and am running the XpressRC. It's really great - lets you save your 10 favorite songs and replay the last hour of radio you have listened to. I read up on it a lot before getting XM and lots of places I read that XM has a stronger signal and better sound quality. Just don't plan on using the built-in fm transmitter on any of them - they all suck. I use an iriver fm transmitter and it can overpower any radio station.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back