• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to mount the compressor for my air bags

RedSoxFan

Legal alien
Reaction score
Anybody out there have any advice on the best place to mount the air compressor for my air lift air bags? Under the hood or mounted to the frame?

Thanks!

back in early '02 I had Air Lift Air Bags with on-board compressor installed on our former '02 Chevy 3500 .... the compressor was mounted to the truck's frame ... we used that vehicle mostly for towing various trailers and the compressor worked well in that location ... I sold that truck July 31, 2007 with just over 150,000 miles on it and know for a fact that compressor is still working .... if I was going to use the truck off road or in mud, I'd of most likely had it installed under the hood ... hope this helps

Jim

back in early '02 I had Air Lift Air Bags with on-board compressor installed on our former '02 Chevy 3500 .... the compressor was mounted to the truck's frame ... we used that vehicle mostly for towing various trailers and the compressor worked well in that location ... I sold that truck July 31, 2007 with just over 150,000 miles on it and know for a fact that compressor is still working .... if I was going to use the truck off road or in mud, I'd of most likely had it installed under the hood ... hope this helps

Jim

It did! Thanks

i have mine behind the rear seat. the smaller of the 2, and it fits nice there plus is away from the road grime. you have to here it more when you pump it but it is rare i do that.

Back