• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What was GM thinking?

Schwind

split loyalties
Reaction score
I am having to do the more inexpensive mods to my truck as funds are low:mad2:. I pull a 16’ utility trailer with my truck, Doing landscaping. the loads very quite a bit. I did the switch for my TCC lock-up and ran the wires to the PCM all the write ups here and on the other site kept talking about the tan with black wire or the brown wire in the blue connector at the front of the PCM the #C11 pin. Well I put off connecting the switch to the wire because my C11 was dark blue. I am beginning to think that GM just used what ever wire that was laying around for this truck. I finally cut it and wired in the switch. Took it for a test drive and it works. So I would have to say that the C11 pin is the key. Cut my RPM’s about 400rpm’s pulling the loaded trailer down the highway.
Anyway was just wondering if anyone else has had or seen a different color wire in the C11 pin position.

On another note the truck has had the trim around the radio and gauge cluster off and on so many times that the screw sockets that hold it on had dry rotted (baked dash in Texas heat) and broke. The screws would just fall out when they wanted. I had some plastic wall anchors (#8 screw size) left over from a trellis job and found out that they fit very nicely in the holes that were in the dash. I glued them in and they work fine. Just an FYI for anyone else that might have the same problem.

I had my dash out last week, replacing the heater core and evaporator. I figured I'd also run the wires for the torque converter clutch and the PTO idle speed mod. Like you, my harness did NOT contain the tan/black wire called for; my wire was dark blue. Sure nuff, when I pulled a set of wiring diagrams, it clearly showed the wire color as dark blue. So, as you already know, you got the right wire. Guess they ran out of tan wire in 93 and had to use some blue wire that was hanging around! ):h

I had my dash out last week, replacing the heater core and evaporator. I figured I'd also run the wires for the torque converter clutch and the PTO idle speed mod. Like you, my harness did NOT contain the tan/black wire called for; my wire was dark blue. Sure nuff, when I pulled a set of wiring diagrams, it clearly showed the wire color as dark blue. So, as you already know, you got the right wire. Guess they ran out of tan wire in 93 and had to use some blue wire that was hanging around! ):h

Do you think this was a early production thing on the 94 models from GM. My production date was 1/94. isn't it the first year of the electronic controlled engine? I think! Wasn't 93 the last year of the mechanical IP and trans.

Do you think this was a early production thing on the 94 models from GM. My production date was 1/94. isn't it the first year of the electronic controlled engine? I think! Wasn't 93 the last year of the mechanical IP and trans.
Right on both counts! I should've put a smiley face on there to show I was joking. ooops.

Several folks have noted that there seems to be some difference in the colors called for and the colors found. We use Mitchel On Demand internet automotive data base, and we see this all the time. Biggest offenders seem to be Nissan and Kia.

Back