• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What to look for on an LB7

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
Looking at a few LB7's.. what are areas that should concern me? Is 150k a lot on these? what troublespots should i look at...

Says mostly highway miles.

The things to check are injectors, waterpump leaks (also coolant & hoses), and check to see if the tranny fluid smells burnt, and check for stored codes.
Hope it turns out good.

JP

x2 on what was said above. Also check the front wheel bearings, the transfer case pump rub, and get a vin check on this site-very helpful. Look for any signs of a chip/gauges i.e. plugged holes in the exhaust manifold or intake.

Guess I need to check mine out for intercooler tube rub hole, maybe I will be lucky

if you get me the vin i will give you the GM VIS on it. the things we see the most are injectors, injector pumps (sometimes), drivers side wheel hub (save your sensor), and every once and a while we will get a TCM.

i would ask if its ever been chipped/tuned. also, look on the passenger side exhaust manifold and look for a plug/ hole where a Pyro tube has been. other than that, buy 'em up, they're good trucks with good fuel mileage.

seat....

ever tried driving a truck....and no seat?!?! :eek: pain in the ass....literally.

Back