• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What to do.....

trailshredder

Reaction score
I have these codes on my truck.

P0193 Fuel Rail Pres Sensor Circ Hi Input
P0380 Glow Plug Circ Error Circ A
P0540 Manifold Intake Air Heater Circ
P0090 Fuel Pres Reg Ctrl Circ

It smokes badly at idle, no matter if it is cold or at operating temperature, but runs fine. Which one should I start with? Is there a way to reset these codes without a scanner?

You can unplug the batteries for 5 or 10 minutes and it should resent the ECM. Or find someone with a programmer near you who can clear the codes for you.

Also auto parts store like O'Riellys have code reader you can buy and some have the reader you can use cheap or free to clear the codes. Atleast the one around here.

Have you done the bottle test on the FPR to see if it is bad?
I have no idea about the glow plug and heater codes however.

Also, your sig says you have a Juice/Attitude... won't that allow you to clear the codes?

Have you done the bottle test on the FPR to see if it is bad?
I have no idea about the glow plug and heater codes however.
excellent idea...

wouldn't a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator cause a lopey idle?

IIRC that is what mine did when it wast bad...

Also, your sig says you have a Juice/Attitude... won't that allow you to clear the codes?
No...the edge does not allow this...

I would say find someone to clear the codes and see if they come back...But being an LB7 my guess would be injectors...

I am also unsure of the glow plugs and heater codes...

excellent idea...

wouldn't a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator cause a lopey idle?

IIRC that is what mine did when it wast bad...

No...the edge does not allow this...

I would say find someone to clear the codes and see if they come back...But being an LB7 my guess would be injectors...

I am also unsure of the glow plugs and heater codes...

OK .... ths is strange. I took it to the same Autozone that scanned the codes to have them reset it. When they plugged the scanner in, after about 15 seconds, my fuel guage went dead, like they key was shut off. Nothing else lost power though. The scanner gave him an error and wouldn't let him even read the codes again, let alone reset them. Guess I'll disconnect the batteries this weekend.

It only does this at low idle. I can throttle it up to 1,000 RPM's and it doesn't smoke at all. Wouldn't bad injectors smoke all the time?

It only does this at low idle. I can throttle it up to 1,000 RPM's and it doesn't smoke at all. Wouldn't bad injectors smoke all the time?

not necessarily...before I had mine replaced it would smoke at startup...frequently but not always at idle and when I first hit the pedal/ throttled up

Back