• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what the worst that can happen

carolinacountyboy

Reaction score
:nono: here ones for though fellas what is the worst that can happen if you over fill the oil lets just say to roosters make for one oily chicken I know i put in 1.5 gall and the other rooster put in 1.5 gall it has been drained to normal level but i am not cranking it up again till i know why i lost oil pressure on guage it was runnining fine oh yeah the oil cooler line had poped off this is the next post of that situation of that I know i poped the oil pan gasket need to replace it new pan in sept just some food for thought is all i am looking for i am in diesel withdraw :mad2: i miss my truck

The problem with over-filling the oil, is the crank will hit the oil in the pan and "whip" it up (think about when you whip your eggs when you make an omlette). The foamed up oil will NOT flow correctly (if at all).

Worst case?

Damaged engine!

Back