• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what should my fuel pressures be

dmaxx3500

Deputy
Reaction score
guys what should my fuel pressures be at idle,1000,1500,2000,2500,3000,3500 and wide open throttle,,

Rail pressure? If so you have access to a Tech II you have command verses actual. Also you will be able to do snap shots

the lly/lbz run 26000 psi at wot. and around 4500 psi at idle. in between is dependant of your pedal position and desired torque ect.

unless your completely flat land and have excellent control you'll never be perfect, but they should match dang close. unless your running a huge tune you should have no issues. why do you ask anyway? you have a specific problem?

yes truck runs like its down on power and ive gone thru 3 fuel filters in the last 2 months, and lost 2-3mpgs since spring,,

air filter was replaced last year,but i reverse blu it out with air pressure and it looks clean,,why do you ask???

I had been having problems with my fuel economy going in the toilet and no one could figure out why. The dealer kept telling me that they couldn't find anything wrong. Finally, one day I was servicing the truck, getting ready for a 4,700+ mile x-country trip and I decided to replace the air filter even though the gauge on the side of the air box was STILL in the green (it has never moved) and the filter element looked FINE visually.

After I installed the new AC Delco air filter element I got an immediate increase of almost 3 mpg and the truck has considerably more pep now. For my entire 4,700+ miles round trip I averaged better than 18.5 mpg for the whole trip, running at 70 mph. The new filter paid for itself 3 and 1/2 times over in fuel savings.

Back