• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What sets the Service Throttle Soon light?

snarl95

Reaction score
Left the house this morning and turned right onto the road. Drove two blocks and made a left. About 100 feet later the throttle pedal stopped working and the engine dropped to idle. Lucky it was still in high idle and I could get to the CVS parking lot. Shut the truck off, waited a minute and started the truck back up.Ran fine the rest of the day. Any help is appreciated.

There's 3 separate tps sensors in that throttle pedal assembly. IIRC the pcm wants to see 2 of them basically the same. Might be other things that will set the light too but I think this is the most common. I have similar issues when it gets cold until the cab warms up.

Had the same issue. It was a glitch in the tune. Drove fine after doing the Key off, restart but, I bought a new PCM. I was able to get the box re-tuned since the tuner still had the program on file.

Back