• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is a real 3500HD?

Judging by the avatar and that pic appearing in his video(s) MrBeast = Richard. ;)

Welcome to TTS, just saw your video on youtube yesterday.

Actually I am Nick Richards, Richard is... Someotherguy.

I know it is a bit confusing with his first name being my last name.

I built the sneeker unit, he built the truck, I bought the truck from him and installed the bed that is on it now when my 94 layed down on me back in december.

Well you are in the right place to get a 6.5 running, alot of good info here and I would suggest now keeping the IP and buying a pmd relocating cable to move your cooler into the bumper from PMDcable.com or heath. My SS system crapped out, intake mounting the PMD is ok but still not the best option.

Thanks for the video, I wish I could find a 3500HD 6.5 w/ 10ft bed. I like the way they look, but my 3500C&C 4x4 will do for now.

Welcome Nick.

I followed Richard's thread of the black 3500HD on FSC, he did a fantastic job on it. I was sad to hear he sold it but it went to a good home obviously. Nice to know it's still kicking around the forums.

Personally I love the 3500HDs. I was introduced to them young, when my father and now I work, we have 8 or so 92-93 3500HD trucks, all 454 4L80E with 12' utility bodies on them. I've been waiting for the company to "upgrade" to new trucks so I can buy one but they just don't die... I want to build a CC with a 10 or 12' service bed, convert to 4wd and run a Detroit (or something similar) in it. Then I want to build a custom aluminum slide in camper for it and make it my towpig.

Anyway, there is a good group of people here, and tons of good information. Welcome.

Well you are in the right place to get a 6.5 running, alot of good info here and I would suggest now keeping the IP and buying a pmd relocating cable to move your cooler into the bumper from PMDcable.com or heath. My SS system crapped out, intake mounting the PMD is ok but still not the best option.

Thanks for the video, I wish I could find a 3500HD 6.5 w/ 10ft bed. I like the way they look, but my 3500C&C 4x4 will do for now.

:cough:

98 GMC C3500 5.7L Vortec NV4500 208K down right now, needs head gaskets (dex cool claims another set! )
92 GMC C3500HD 6.5L Turbo NV4500 160K needs exhaust system and oil cooler lines
93 GMC C3500HD 6.5L Turbo 4L80E 260K had a crate 6.5L sometime
All above are 159.5" C&C, 10'-12' flatbed, Summit white, RC, SL trim, 2wd
96 GMC C2500HD SL ECLB 6.5L 5spd 2wd. 215K (sold to dad, ran good for a bit, started missing at idle, had blowby since purchase)

everything is allways for sale for the right price....flatbed is extra. structurally awesome, but many holes drilled in deck.

sorry for postjacking. carry on!

Last edited:
Back