• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What Install Kit For Bilstein's?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I got the 6140's for my Truck from my Shop I deal with and they came with a new Install Kit.

I currently have BE5-D146-H0's Installed on my Truck that these new 6140's will be Replacing.

Now I know the 6140 is technically a Ford Shock, but can the Install Kit be used on our Trucks that come with the 6140's, or should I just re-use the Install kit from the D146's?

The Install Kit that came with the 6140's is: B4-KT1-Z097A00.

Ask Nor-Cal-Nick in his forum...

Yea, I asked over at DP, and got kind of a sharp reply from him. :nonod:

Not on this Subject, but on another Bilstein one, as to it not fitting. Granted, I didn't get the Shocks from him, but still...

I HATE when I ask a Vendor a Question, and they just can't give you a straight answer. They always say to Call them. Not everyone has time to call, and I just flat out hate talking on the Phone. That's why I send PM's asking specific questions. I don't want to Call.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not singling anyone out, just out of the MANY questions I have asked Vendors, only 2 have given me a straight answer and answered my questions back in the message, and didn't tell me to call them.

There is no hard feeling directly with you taken. Some vendors ( I know I'm not the only one) get emails and PM's from people that take advantage (I feel) of what we know in the way they ask or lay out there email or PM. Like I said this is not your case I am speaking of just a idea of what a vendor point of view is.

I get emails and PM's from people that give me a long story of there truck that has how can you say, sucking in affect. Like in the way of a problem someone has (product wise or any other) and after we reply back we are next thing involved in the situation. This has happened to me many of times. I am willing to help but don't want to take on someone else's head ache because I am the go to guy. Yea there is the part that we provide our service to gain sales but I myself am cool with not getting every sale more than being responsible.

Over all it's a deal as in if you are a cool person and the other person is having a bad day and you get the short end of the stick due to it. Some guys seek help from vendors and suck them in and that is where the cool members sometimes get the short end of the stick.

This is not a rant just a heads up of what we deal with and sometimes our actions of how we deal with stuff. If you see that when someone has a problem i am in there helping but I ask questions to find out where I stand in the problem. Am I helping my customer I did wrong with or is it just general help because a member was mis under stud or received wrong product per his personal needs.

Unfortunately your issue was alittle touchy to my personal time spent to figure out and i get a ton of people beating me up to tell them what I did. You as yourself was not the problem just the problem you had. So just to be clear on my feeling I am sorry I might have come off alittle wrong, as much as I know you have not been a bad person, sorry if i made you feel that way because I feel I might of.

:cheers2: I am sorry and hope you get it all worked out from the info I did give you.

Nor-Cal Nick

Yea, you def. helped me out with my "situation" and got me on the right Track and helped me get the right parts I need to make it all work.

I wasn't trying to drag you into my problem, I was just throwing the question out there incase anyone knew what needed to be done.

But it's all good now. :)

Back