• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you guys charge?

921500Z71

Reaction score
Just wondering what the owner operators are charging per mile with diesel being 4.65+/gal around me :mad5:. I wont be pulling my own trailer just picking up and dropping off and picking up. Mostly around my area, I have everything else figured out, just wondering for a reasonable price to charge while still being able to make a little on the side. I know alot of you are gonna say you have to go full time to make money but im also just getting started and only planning on doing it part time since i already have a full time job. Thanks in advance.

It depends on pick up and destination of course. I won't pull anything for less than 2.25 a mile. I'm paying fuel, IFTA, tolls, motels, food, maintenance, etc.
If you are going to the East coast for example; New York Thruway, Baltimore tunnel, any of those contiguous states there then add 200 to your expenses for a round tripper as far as tolls. You will be amazed at how many miles you will rack up on your truck in a year doing this full time.

Back