• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are your summer vacation plans?

What are your summer vacation plans?

• Take a professional tour.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vacation at a resort.

• Send the wife and kids someplace fun, stay home.

• Total voters
Very sorry to hear of the loss Bernie. Never easy. Give her our sympathy and good wishes for a safe trip

It wasn't unexpected. He became gravely ill back in March and we used all available funds and leave/vacation time to get her out there for a few weeks with him. She just got back about two weeks ago, and he was being transferred to a nursing home. We were notified two days ago that his condition worsened very rapidly then her brother called to tell us he passed yesterday morning. The wife flies out at noon tomorrow and will be there until Friday.

Apologies to all for sort of derailing the thread.

Weekends/short holidays:

1237d529.jpg

Other than that, 3 weeks at the cottage:

IMG_0219.jpg

6a43d597.jpg

ViewfromtheCottage.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Doing absolutelyfreakingnothing except sleeping until noon, hunting for fossils, fishing the shoals from the boat, digging clams on the flats, cracking some quartz for gold nuggets and walking on the beach with the missus and our dogs.....it's my "Zen" place.....

Vacation, what's that? But seriously - when I do, I typically try to work so that I can appreciate paid work more when I return.

Back