• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

weird vibration

HemisAreSlow

FREE!!!
Reaction score
So i have been getting this odd vibration of late....starts somewhere around 60-65 mph....and i've noticed it that it goes away when i let off the go pedel...I had it when i had my aftermarket rims and tires, and I still have it since i've put on my stock rims and tires...I really can't tell if it is more front end vibration or drivetrain...truck has about 83k miles on it...any ideas?

Check your front hubs Mike. Grab the wheel (off the ground) at 12 and 6 o'clock and see if you have any play. I imagine you already thought of this.

That's the easy one to check. What you describe is a common bad u-joint symptom as well.

i'm hoping its a ujoint rather than a bearing....although if it is a bearing ill just replace it with a timken bearing from a vender

Defiantly check out your U joints. Chances are they may be warn out, though I understand the DMAX has wheel bearing issues anyway...

i had the same, let off, the vibration goes away. did the wheel bearing test, and they both moved about 1/2". replaced em both, and all was good

Back