• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Weight?

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
Would you guys say a steal flat bed weights more, less, or around the same as a stock bed?

More, on the ones ive seen anyway. And by quite a bit of weight as well. 2 guys can take a long bed off and put it back on. I would say it is still possible for a flat bed, highly unlikely and those two guys would have to be very strong.... I couldnt give you exact weight numbers though

My bradford bed weighs in at 1900 pounds with no welder, so you better find 2 very strong guys. Me 921500Z71 have pulled off many longbed by hand just the 2 of us, never had a problem, one was dually the other was his 1/2 ton long bed. It took a crane to get my bradford bed on though.

I would definitely say the same........... mine without a doubt weighs at least double what my original factory bed weighed

Still will be heavier than a stock bed, the aluminum beds are built very heavily, well the good ones are at least, I didn't go aluminum, I tow loads that are to scarey for me to trust the shear strength of aluminum. But they are built heavy to make up the difference in strength.

My Tafco Alum. bed weights approx 650 lbs. without bulkhead and it 10 foot long and built as semi trailers withe alum. deck boards and has a 30,000 weight limit (so ots over build for the truck). Would say that a 8 foot unit would be close to factory weight.

Back