• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

web page has expired

dmaxx3500

Deputy
Reaction score
i keep getting a message ''web page has expired'' on a web site when i try to use the ''blue back-up button'' this only happens on 1 web site and just since i installed ''IE8'' im told it has to do with cacheing ?,,any ideas?

If that web page uses any POST data or caches any information, when your browser tries to go there again, a flag is set to see if you want to re-POST the data. This is a security precaution to minimize travel of cached usernames, passwords, or field entries.

You can lower your browser security level to stop it, but personally, I'd leave it alone... for instance, Webmail homepages quite often have that routine built into them, it prevents somebody else from viewing the page by going back inyour history... it flushes the caches information as soon as you navigate away from the page.

If it's only one place, I sure wouldn't compromise my security to avoid having to refresh every so often.

Jim

Back