• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

web cam recomendation

Tag George

Reaction score
My sister moved and wants to stay in contact with me and my mom by computer. Well my mom purchased a laptop that had a camera in it. So I looked at a old cam I was given a few years back. The picture is ok I guess but it takes a while to respond to movement. I can say something and then about 1-2 seconds later I see my mouth move. So any way what is the best cam I can get maybe with a mic in it for under $50?

Microsoft Lifecams are great values ($20 to $50). Check Amazon and most have free shipping (if over $25 total for eligible products).

Tip: Once you have successfully installed the webcam and started the application that uses the webcam (e.g., Skype, etc.)
-- go into Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del/Task List)
-- in the Applications tab, right click on the application, select "Go to Process"
-- in the Processes tab, right click on the process, select "Set Priority"
-- select either "Above Normal" or "High"
-- click on "Yes" to change the priority

I purchased a cam on Ebay for about $25 shipped that seems better then I hoped for. It is a Logitech c310. Thanks Though.

Back