• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WANTED: K47 air box

I got mine from car-part.com a few years ago.
I just went and checked them out, looks like I'll get one from them :thumbsup: I'd prefer to deal with a member for obvious reasons but they don't come up for sale very often or last very long around here. Thanks!

If you want to do alittle moding Im pretty sure a gasser air box will work also. Just have to cut a 4" round hole in opposite side then plug off the original hole. Gassers should be a dime a dozen. Takes same element also.
BTW if you need an element I can get AFE or AEM dry elements.

If you want to do alittle moding Im pretty sure a gasser air box will work also. Just have to cut a 4" round hole in opposite side then plug off the original hole. Gassers should be a dime a dozen. Takes same element also.
BTW if you need an element I can get AFE or AEM dry elements.

I realize this is several days later, but-----

My experience with using a gasser air box is that they are the same---almost. In mounting a gasser air box I found that there is a slight difference in shape to accommodate for clearance to the turbo.

The K47 has an indent in it to allow clearance to the turbo, which the gasser air box I got from the pick-n-pull did not have. This created issues for me so I decided to switch the location of the passenger side battery and air box. This allowed me to use 4" silicone tube, and only one 90* elbow, to go to the air box.

Also, yes, the air hole is on the opposite end. I cut a new hole on the other end, but did not have to fill in the original opening. The filter has a rubber cap on the non-open end which works great to act as the cap for that end. The filter fits snug, from end to end, inside the air box.

Don

Back