• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vibration in 2006 3500 Duramax van

pmikey

Go Mountaineers!!!
Reaction score
I have a 2006 3500 LLY van with 155" WB. I have a slight vibration coming from the rear after I get over 40mph. I complained to the dealer when I had the 50K mile service done earlier this week and they said they checked the drive shaft(s) u-joints and the center carrier bearing, and the rear end gearsand everything looked ok. It feels just like it did when my pickup had a rear u-joint going bad but the dealer said the u-joints and center carrier are fine. I suspect the center carrier bearing is going bad. Does anyone know how much play should be in the center carrier bearing. I can move the drive shaft(s) about a half an inch pretty easily. This seems like too much to me. Seems like the rubber should be a little more shift then that. I drive 200 miles a day and it reallly starting to annoy me. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you had the tires balanced recently? I chased drive-line vibes in one of my trucks for a few months before I found out it was tires :banghead:. That does sound a bit on the excessive side for the center carrier, but I'm not 100% sure. Good luck!

Yes, It has brand new tires. Had them rebalanced last week trying to isolate the problem. The vibration is the same as is was before the new tires only it seems to be getting worse the more I drive it. It's almost doing the exact same thing as when my pick up had a rear u-joint going bad. I had the dealer check them this past week and they said they took them out the check them and that they were fine. But without removing them, (and I'm not sure they did), they can feel solid. But the one I removed from my pick up felt rock solid until I took the shaft out and rotated the u-joint. Then I could feel all the needle bearing grinding like hell. Perhaps I should take the drive shafts out myself and check them?

Back