• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Used chip applications

Wellgeo03

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum, but I have been lurking around for a bit. Came over from the "dark side" and have been very impressed by the attitude on this forum. I am very glad I stumbled across it!

I have a question about used chips for OBD1 trucks. Are the chips interchangeable? More specifically, can I run a Heath GL4 chip from a 94 in a 95? Both trucks have an automatic transmission. I came across one locally, and the guy is asking a fair price.

Thanks!

Welcome to The Truck Stop!!!

There are a lot of variables in the chips... transmission, engine type (F or S), gear ratios, etc. You would need to know either:

-- the VIN on both trucks

OR

-- the 4-digit code that's on the back of both chips (looks like BQPX)

Once you have either of those, you can check to see if they're interchangeable. A few guys on here have the ability to check that for you, try Buddy or Kojo, or you can call Bill Heath with the information (at 1-877-894-6266) and he might be able to help you out.

Welcome to The Truck Stop!!!

There are a lot of variables in the chips... transmission, engine type (F or S), gear ratios, etc. You would need to know either:

-- the VIN on both trucks

OR

-- the 4-digit code that's on the back of both chips (looks like BQPX)

Once you have either of those, you can check to see if they're interchangeable. A few guys on here have the ability to check that for you, try Buddy or Kojo, or you can call Bill Heath with the information (at 1-877-894-6266) and he might be able to help you out.

x2, also some 94's were fitted with a different IP in some of the HD models.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will have to track down the pump model numbers and see if it will work. The truck it was used in is a 94 2500. I have a 95 2500 with a Kennedy chip, and would like to try the Heath tuning, and thought this would be a good way. My brother also has a 95, but it is a 1500, so I was thinking it could work for him as well.

Get the chip codes you are hoping to interchange. John Kennedy will also be able to tell you which ones will interchange.

Also, you will want to get the IP model # off the unit itself incase it has been replaced. IE: I have a 94 cc/dually with the motor replaced and it now has the 5521 IP.

Back