• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

updating mirrors need wiring info

Pruittx2

Been around a bit
Reaction score
Bought a set of mirrors for a 2003 Silverado power with Heat.

My burb is power no heat. I found out how to rig the heat part, by installing a wire in cavity D9 (it's right beside the door buzzer) of the convenience center under the dash:

SO here is a pic of my old mirror wires,,, and the new one. If anyone has a clue as to what wire goes were,, that'd be great.

I'm thinking just take the wires out of the 95 4pin plug and swap color for color, and plug it in?

Attachments

• 041.jpeg
    041.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 044.jpeg
    044.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
I did this on my truck a year or so ago. Might look in my thread "my new truck" and see if I posted anything you can use.

each mirror has the same 3 colors, the heated mirror has a separate connector with only 1 black in it. according to 88GMCTrucks posts, that goes to the d9 location, I'll get out there today, and do some probing, and figure it out. Guess I'll do pic's and a write up for clarity.
It's the least I can do for this great page, that has helped me out several times. I don't think I have the clearance for the tow mirrors, to fit in the garage, and not really the need. These https://www.carparts.com/details/Kool_Vue/Mirror/CV28EL.html are the mirrors I'm putting on.

Back