• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Updated meyers plow and "lifted trucks"

625fireman

I have injecter-itis
Reaction score
Well I finally got this project finished ( I hope). Here are a few pics that I promised you guys. The dry run on sunday showed it should work just waiting on some snow to try it out.):h The first 3 are the original a-frame the last are my updated design. Tough to see but the 1st one shows 2.5" off the ground at full angle left and the 2nd shows 2.0" off the ground at full angle right.
P.S. Dont look at the plow skin to hard I know I need to reskin it. Summer project.

Attachments

• joe's 007.jpg
    joe's 007.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 19
  • joe's 009.jpg
    joe's 009.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 18
  • joe's 010.jpg
    joe's 010.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 21
  • joe's 011.jpg
    joe's 011.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 21
  • joe's 012.jpg
    joe's 012.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 22
  • joe's 013.jpg
    joe's 013.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 21
  • joe's 014.jpg
    joe's 014.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 21
  • joe's 015.jpg
    joe's 015.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 22
Looks good. The only thing that I would suggest it to make sure that your A Frame is more parallel with the ground. The closer that is to parallel the better it will scrap. With it being back end high the plow will have a tendency to want to dig in and trip more.

Last edited:
Yes I relize that it will want to dig in more now but, Everything I plow is paved.

doesn't matter... You'll find the few things that will make your day suck... this is coming from a guy who found a manhole cover plowing with a 544 Deere with a 14' steel cutting edge plow blade... broke the manhole cover in half and stopped the Deere straight in it's tracks.

Assuming your already on the top mounting hole, you could either have a welder lower the push plates, or add holes to the A-Frame.....

If you need a new cutting edge could go with an 8".

Ranger, I've been there with a non tripping Class B truck. Was only going maybe 15 but sucks big time. Scared to plow after for a while :)... Stopped dead, bent plow.

I have reading alot about plowing with a lifted truck on the net tonight. Just wanted to see what other people had to say and or there input into plowing with a lifted truck.
Here is my two cents for a NEWBE to your site that I may now call home.
I have a 1981 Chevy with a 6 inch lift 35-12.50-15 tires amd it plows just fine. It has a older Western plow. The frame that bolts to the truck has I do beleave 6 holhs in it so you can ajust it and with in the lowest hold the A frame is level with the ground and it needs to be that way and as stated about. I also hit a man hole one time and man did it hurt. Broke the A frame and it sucks to be weilding in the snow at 3 A.M and in the teens.

I also have a 1500 Dodge I just got today and it will also have a plow and it's lifted as well. Will have to get pictures for you guys in the next day or two.

Good luck with the truck. AS we all know take your time and you should be just fine just get the A frame levelif and when you have time Nice job

Back