• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

up-pipe/down-pipe confusion

BUCCaNOLES

Reaction score
Stoopid question time. Does anyone have an illustration of the Duramax exhaust system? I've heard up pipe /down pipe. I bought a turbo back system but apparently that's not totally true. :doh:

The uppipes run from the exhaust manifolds to the turbo. The downpipe runs from the turbo to the front pipe. These bolt up near the starter. From there the frontpipe goes into the cat, then the rest of the exhaust.

Turbo bakc duramax exhausts are actually downpipe back. Turbo downpipes are available for the LLY and LBZ

So other than the downpipe back exhaust, the only other exhaust mods we can do is the BD Manifold and aftermarket downpipe?

Pretty much. unless you have some up-pipes made. I don't know of anyone who sells them. I don't believe you'll see much benefit from them unless you have a highly modified engine.

those are rick d lance pipes. you can get more information on ricks site if your interested its Dmaxcentral

those are rick d lance pipes. you can get more information on ricks site if your interested its Dmaxcentral

Uuh... no. Rick and TxC were collaborating but have since parted ways. The ones on CoolMyDuramax.com are TxC's, I believe...

So the real point here is that Rick sells 'em too. Therefore... you have two choices. I've heard that both make an amazing difference in the engines...

But what do I know...

Back