• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Underhood 12v+ keyed power

Kennedys works differently, would need keyed voltage, although not necessary on an OBDII vehicle. Its for OBDI and older vehicles to get the functioanlity that OBD2 trucks have.

Although if a guy just wanted the LP to run with the ignition and not worry about the safety feature then it could be done that way. As long as you dont also have accessory power on that circuit.

WRT to the safety feature, if the engine is still running it will just consume the fuel, but if a fuel line breaks the engine will die and OPS or PCM will stop pumping fuel that would be pumping onto the vehicle or passengers or ground around the vehicle.

Yes nice kit. I would have made my own but that was before I was on the forum and knew how. I'll look this morning and see where I hooked mine up

Yes nice kit. I would have made my own but that was before I was on the forum and knew how. I'll look this morning and see where I hooked mine up

AKDD,

Where did you end up hooking the +12V keyed power at?

Just got my kit in and am very impressed with the quality of it. If it works half as good as it looks, i'll be happy. I like how he included the extra connector for the lift pump, if it is not OEM, I guess?

Back