• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Uncle J, I have my Dads 64 F100 Ford he bought new, My wife and I put a 6-354 Perkins diesel in it 25 years ago with a T5 tranny.

Uncle J

Reaction score
I rebuilt a much lighter ISUZU 4BD2 to replace the Perkins 6-354 my wife and I installed 25 years ago, I just can't find an adapter to a Ford of Chevy T5 standard transmission, need a Standard transmission flywheel and clutch also. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction for this stuff?

The neighbor to Me, years ago installed a 6 cyl erkins into His 197? Ford 3/4 ton, manual transmission. It was a lot of fun to drive.
That's about all I know about it but welcome to the forum Uncle J.

What's up with the existing Perkins 6-354 that it needs a replacement?
Mostly it's the weight, and the engine is getting tired, the Isuzu is a 4 cyl turbocharged engine smaller and lighter also but I just can't find an adapter for the T5. At one time Isuzu made them but dealing with that company has not been fun, costs just to talk to the service Dept at Toms Truck Parts. They don't care about folks like us , just want to sell units.

Back