• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trustworthy shop in central Ohio?

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend one? Truck isn't sounding good. Major power loss a mile into a two mile trip on a flat road, with no load about 60 mph. Fuel to injectors when cranking and acts like it wants to fire, but has a deep low knock that I haven't heard before. Will probably have it put on a rollback to deliver to a shop if I find a reputable one. Purrformance comes to mind, but wondered if there were others recommended.

I live in NE Ohio and I drove to Purrformance to purchase some DB2 tools last year. Seemed like a good shop in the middle of no where. The owner is a 6.5 guy so he knows how to work on them. But I don't know anyone who has had work done there so I'm not sure how good they really are. If you where closer to me Id recommend you tow it to my work. I do ALOT of diesel work and know my way around a 6.5. But that would be a costly tow bill.

Wherever it ends up, it's going on a rollback, or I'll put it on our gooseneck and drop it off.

Purrformance put my injection pump on many years back. I don't have any issue with their work, except that I'm pretty sure my truck sat outside with the windows down all week. The interior was full of dust when I got it back. They tested and used a pump I already had, though and treated me well on the cost, so I didn't say too much about it.

Wherever it ends up, it's going on a rollback, or I'll put it on our gooseneck and drop it off.

Purrformance put my injection pump on many years back. I don't have any issue with their work, except that I'm pretty sure my truck sat outside with the windows down all week. The interior was full of dust when I got it back. They tested and used a pump I already had, though and treated me well on the cost, so I didn't say too much about it.
You got a gooseneck, haul that truck over to @Rockabillyrat
You wont go wrong there.

Back