• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

truck pull

Detroit Dan

Reaction score
NED is having a truck jamboree weekend with monster trucks and tough truck stuff this weekend. Working security there tomorrow night, going to check out the truck pulls, and if it's not too scary I might go give it a try on Sunday. I've always wanted to try pulling with my truck.

Truck pulls can be fun unless you break something. So a pull close to home is a good thing. I did a little truck pull up here where I live a little while back. I went down to the little store down the road a ways and parked my pickup and saw this bunch. A group of import 4x4's were out for a drive and looking for something to crawl over. They were looking at my pickup when I came out and started asking some questions. We talked a little and one young guy said he could out pull me. I told him and them to follow me and that I could probably pull 3 of them. I noticed they didn't have the best of tires for good traction, all of them were mostly smooth. Good for me! Came to my place and went to the lower field. The river brings fresh sand every spring and the lower 5 acres is a nice sandy area. The talker backed up to my pickup and I hooked my tow cable to the hitches I already put my in 4 low and he jumped in his little pickup took up the slack, I put mine in gear and he dumped his clutch and started hopping all over the place. The first mini's hitch was lower than mine and I was actually pulling the back of his mini up and putting down pressure on my duals. I stepped into the throttle and pulled him backwards. He couldn't believe it. They hooked another mini truck to the front of him and they both took off and did the hop trick again and I just stepped into the throttle and pulled them both backwards a little farther than the first. I stopped and they hooked another to the front and we did it all again except this time I pulled them over 60feet backwards. They were all hopping and I didn't spin a tire! I stopped and their entire crew were amazed at my pickup. But I was on the older, and much more solid sand, when I was pulling all three, and they were all still in the soft sand. That is about all the truck pulling I will be doing.

well, I watched some stock class pull while I was working. A few old gm lifted trucks with obviously stiffened up suspensions, probably big blocks or maybe hot smallblocks. Not real impressive, I'm sure I could have out-pulled them. For some mystifying reason the guy who came in second was in an apparently stock 2009 Ram 1500 hemi on 20s and street tires. Not a full pull but not too far off. Once the modified street diesels started running, forget it.
I'm not going back today to run, don't have all day to wait in line, plus I'd have to get the drawbar out of my hitch, it's frozen in there and I can't get it out without a heat wrench. I honestly don't know what my truck would do, it's really light right now since I haven't put the toolbox back yet. I'm not going to take the time to mess with the t-bars either, I've got them right where I want them.
I heard the sled weighs 15,000 at the start, and increases up to 50,000. Pretty good feat to move that at all on soft sand.

Back