• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission problems

NASIMMONS

Reaction score
Recently I posted a thread on here about my 94 2500 that has a 5.7 with a 4L60E. Y’all said to drop the pan and look for excessive metal shavings and I dropped the pan and there were non just the minimal amount. The fluid was dark being burnt from the transmission heating up was wondering if y’all had any clue what could make a transmission work for the first minute or two at full power then just not work after that.

I dont havva clue. Could be a bad connection, live or ground, could be a bad solenoid within the pan.
Go to a parts store that has a tool loaner program. Borrow their transmission pressure test kit. Plumb in the test gauge and see what is going on.
Thought I’d do a quick reply and give this thread a bump back to the surface. 🤷‍♂️👍

I dont havva clue. Could be a bad connection, live or ground, could be a bad solenoid within the pan.
Go to a parts store that has a tool loaner program. Borrow their transmission pressure test kit. Plumb in the test gauge and see what is going on.
Thought I’d do a quick reply and give this thread a bump back to the surface. 🤷‍♂️👍
Cool thanks I’ll definitely try that out and I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Back