• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

transmission problem

havns3

friction lover
Reaction score
i have a 1994 f 350 2wd dually with a 460 in it with a 4 speed automatic transmission. The transmission will shift fine sometimes and then the next time it will shift really late and hard into the next gear. also it will act like it shifts into neutral while driving down the road in overdrive i can shift it into 3rd and then back to od and it will work fine.

Can this just be a plugged filter? the truck has 145,000 miles on it.

i am going to start with that i thought since it only does it now and again that it might be plugging and then when we shut it off the stuff falls off then it plugs up again later when it sucks then stuff back up. does this sound like a possiblity?

could be. my uncle has a 99 F-350 w/7.3 auto. it sat in his garage for 3 years because he thought the tranny was blown. would take forever to shift into gear, then when it did, took forever to change gears. his new mechanic siad to change the filter, and all is well

Ken

so i didn't update to quick but it turned out to be a bad module behind the speedometer on the instrument cluster. replaced mine with one out of a f150 and wallaa problem solved

Back