• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

trailer hitch woes

iamdave0887

Here Comes Chaos.....
Reaction score
now for the third time in a row i've managed to get the wrong trailer hitch. funny thing is it says for chevy/gmc 88-00 long bed short bed, etc, etc on one side of the box and on the other side in friggin spanish it says for sonoma, blazer, ford exploder, etc. in the box it has only instructions for the smaller trucks(blazer, etc) and nothing for the full size trucks. WTF? its a reese hitch that i bought from a store and its still not right? someone help me out here. i bought it from work(pepboys) so i got 20% off so i plan on going back to get the right one. anyone buy one of these reese towpower hitches? i can't find one that says it fits our trucks body styles and actually does fit. :pissed::pissed::pissed::prrr:

It's sort of handy having a welder for a son-in-law...

Whatever I buy is the right one. He makes it fit. :)

I know welders, and if there is one thing they like to do, is BEEF IT UP...

Their stuff doesn't fall apart :) ... EVER...

ok. found the one i think i'm looking for. part number 36007 on the above site. but theres one thing i don't get. one choice is c/k series and the other is c/k series w/ deep drop bumper. is the deep drop also known as the step bumper or is there some other "deep drop" bumper out there? i have a knack for ordering or buying the wrong hitch(4th times a charm?) as its been done 3 times but the first two were swap meet finds so i was only out $40 for both.

Nope a deep drop is the huge V-shaped bumper, you would know if you had one, the stock bumper is just a step bumper, either would work with the oe style step bumper just the deep drop bumper would hang down and show more. And as for the welder I know if I am welding and they say they want a single pass 1/4 inch I am goin to give them a 1.4-3/4 inch 3-5 pass weld my welds never break.

My truck

My truck has the deep drop bumper, I will attach a pic if I can. Hope this helps. Oh yeah you want the bumper too dave?

Attachments

• Rear close up1.jpg
    Rear close up1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 20
Back