• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Traction Bars

aggar

Don't tear it up!
Reaction score
Let's see'em. I'm trying to get my ideas straight before I try and make a set or end up buying some.

I gotta stop looking at the sled pulling forums. It's giving me to many ideas for stuff to spend money that I dont have.:sad:

I gotta stop looking at the sled pulling forums. It's giving me to many ideas for stuff to spend money that I dont have.:sad:

I'm with ya on that. I've been looking at traction bars the last few days.
Still hope to try hooking at least once this year. No pulls close by so I have to travel down south.

You can kinda see mine in this pic. They are 2"x3" tube with heim joints. They aren't real pretty but thet sure shouldn't brake. I pulled the joints off an army truck and the tube probably cost me under $75.

Attachments

• videos 139.jpg
    videos 139.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I think he said under $200. I bought a couple 3rd links from TSC and am gonna cut them in half and get some round bar stock to slide into them and wled them in and then get some round tubing about the same size and slide that onto the other end of the bar stock and weld them together then mount them to the truck. Using the bar stock to keep them sturdy at the weld.

I was in the same boat as you and broke down and bought a set of caltracs. $339. Less than 2 hours of labor involved.

Install was a breeze and you can drive down the road with them everyday. Not to mention I have the peace of mind that they were built right.

The only thing that scares me is how thin the tube is. But I trust their design. If 1,000hp drag cars run them Im sure I can. They also save on weight. Id guess the whole system adds no more than 20lbs.

I just put them on and havent made a hook yet, so ill let you know when I bend them.

Schedule 80 2.5" tube seems to be a common tube to use. Cut up a 3rd link from tractor supply and weld it to the ends and your good to go. I wouldnt use bar stock, too heavy and it bends easy.

Back