• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Traction bars.

Volumejunkie

Reaction score
I've had my leaf springs clamped for a long time now, and i'm starting to wonder if traction bars would be an improvment. Of course they're better at reducing axle wrap, but not always streetable/comfortable for every day use. Also i know they take load off the front end which i dont need since i use 4wheel most of the time. I like caltracs alot but i would rather build my own about 60" long or so, however long to keep parallel with the driveshaft. I can make them, but should I?:confused:

I wouldnt do it for street use. I never use my clamps, bars or blocks exept for pulling. And I only ever use all of them at once.

Dont have pics on me but heres how it goes, its idiot proof.

You get 4 axle bolts, fab up 4 plates that go on the underside of the springs which would be what the nuts tighten to.

Then in the front and the back of the leaf springs you will see where the overload sticks out. Go as far out as you can and put your axle bolt and plate there.

Cordless impact makes a world of difference.

Sorry but I wont have any pics till 76 days from now.

Caltracs are well designed. I would think they would work fine on the street.

I was talking about redneck pulling traction bars. They wouldnt be too streetable.

:pSeems to be very fashionable right now...Some people are talking about a four link type system that would travel eliptically, same as the axle. The problem seems to be that the ones out in the market right now is only good for street purpose, but binds in long travel suspension movements.

I've got cognito 60" economy traction bars on my puller and they're great. They don't bind at all, they're strong and I got them for about the same price as building a set.

Back