• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Torque converter bolts & Locktite

ShawnR

Reaction score
Just FYI to file away for future information.

Use locktite on your torque convert bolts when you put it together the first time. Doing in while laying in 3 inches of slush in the Wendy's parking lot is also an option, but it would have been a little bit nicer to do while it was in the garage.

They vibrated loose and rattled like hell. I knew the sound since I had done the same thing about 50 miles after the last engine replacement. As I was laying down in the slush rotating the flywheel 1 tooth at a time to get to the next bolt, I also noticed that I never put nuts on the motor mount bolts.

Add 1 more brain dead 40 year old to the list.

A friend of mine rented a plane from the aero club and we flew to San Fran for another mutual friends wedding.

The plane wouldnt start when we landed half way to fuel up butan awesome ome old Kiwi came over and tried jumping it with his car and then hand spun the prop to get it going. We made it to San Fran and it wouldnt start when we went to leave and it was a Sunday before a Monday holiday.

I said this must be a starter problem but there was no one to fix it, so we combed the complex, small airport, and found a guy at a shop and he gave us a starter because he was a vietnam vet and we are in the Air Force and I changed it with the one wrench we had :) And we were on our way. Mailed the starter back to him, but what an experience.

Rework sucks. More so when it's your own. No one else to blame. I learned the hard way with the converter bolts too. Just not in the slush in a parking lot.

Back