• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Topper Question

Dan Hunter

Truck Terrorist
Reaction score
I've been searching for a topper and in my area used ones are a little hard to find. I saw one today that would fit but is missing the rear glass. Though it doesn't match my paint, it otherwise has a nice finish. I'm presuming it's for sale because replacing the back glass would be prohibitive compared to the overall value.

That'd be functional for me as I only need it for a run back from Seattle to Enid, OK. I could just duct tape some plastic over the hole in back and still effectively protect the stuff I'm hauling back. I'll RON at military bases so security isn't an issue.

There's no asking price, just a for sale and phone number. Any thoughts on what's a fair offer.

Local ones here on Craigslist run around $50 - $100 without the rear window. Fiberglass ones are a little bit on the higher end of that.

Nicer used ones with glass & keys to lock run in the $150 -$300 range depending on condition & brand name.

I gave a couple away a few years ago....

Ask what they want for it....if they say 'make me an offer' - tell him you will offer him nothing....then he'll give you a price....

Does it still have the hardware for the back window? Go to home depot and get some clear plexiglass or similar and make a new back window. Resell it when you are done for $50 more to cover your investment ):h

Any photos? Brand? Model? Condition? Hardware?

I'm certainly interested. I've been calling the number on one with a for sale sign and not getting an answer.

I screwed up my pm and am too stupid to fix it.

Dan ,I saw in the want ads you were looking for a shell for a short bed.I'm sorry mine is a long bed shell.

Back