• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tool lend?

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
Does anyone have the OTC 30mm deep socket they would send me so I can replace my injectors? I'll refund the initial shipping costs when I return the socket...plus a little extra just for helping me out... I would buy the 40 dollar socket, but I'm only going to replace these injectors once y'know?

Last edited:
Does anyone have the OTC 30mm deep socket they would send me so I can replace my injectors? I'll refund the initial shipping costs when I return the socket...plus a little extra just for helping me out... I would buy the 40 dollar socket, but I'm only going to replace these injectors once y'know?

I borrowed mine from Heath when I got my injectors. He will loan one to you, assuming you got the injectors from him, that is.

Maybe there is a site member near you that will lend it, that way if you dont give it back they can come back and forceably remove it from you :D

hahaha unfortunately no one is around, but I'd hope I've been on this board and the other one for long enough that I wouldn't give up everything there for a stupid 40 dollar tool...

I was wondering though, could I get a deep 30MM socket and just weld a nut to the top, would that work?

Socket

PM me your address and I will send you my Snap On injector socket.

I borrowed mine from Heath when I got my injectors. He will loan one to you, assuming you got the injectors from him, that is.

i had one show up in my injector kit from Heath. a Snap-On 30MM injector socket. brand new. on the box was "with socket". no record of the socket being charged as its not on my reciept, nor was i asked for it back. strange?

i had one show up in my injector kit from Heath. a Snap-On 30MM injector socket. brand new. on the box was "with socket". no record of the socket being charged as its not on my reciept, nor was i asked for it back. strange?

For what they charged for the injectors they could probably send you 10 sockets and still come out ok :D

For what they charged for the injectors they could probably send you 10 sockets and still come out ok :D

Not up here, pal... Heath's kit was still cheaper than NAPA or GM, and I didn't have to worry about quality.

well up here it cost me a couple hundred less. I understand that Heath is a great guy with great service, but on the old site there was a guy last year with Heath injectors that leaked... now they replaced them and everything, but he was still out the installation time etc... so I wouldn't say you didn't have to worry about quality at all. I think that Heath the the best guy in the business of 6.5s, but it's ok to acknowledge that he is MUCH MUCH MUCH more expensive for the SAME stuff. 4 inch exhaust? way overpriced, x-over? same deal. His glow plugs can be purchased from pep boys for much cheaper than what he sells them for, and I know he has a warrantee and everything, but with the saved money you could just go buy extras, and you'd be in the same boat. Like I said I love Heath, but cost is the major issue with them, and its perfectly ok to admit it here. He has the BEST price on ECMs, which is really nice, since from what I've read he also has the best.

Last edited:
well up here it cost me a couple hundred less. I understand that Heath is a great guy with great service, but on the old site there was a guy last year with Heath injectors that leaked... now they replaced them and everything, but he was still out the installation time etc... so I wouldn't say you didn't have to worry about quality at all. I think that Heath the the best guy in the business of 6.5s, but it's ok to acknowledge that he is MUCH MUCH MUCH more expensive for the SAME stuff. 4 inch exhaust? way overpriced, x-over? same deal. His glow plugs can be purchased from pep boys for much cheaper than what he sells them for, and I know he has a warrantee and everything, but with the saved money you could just go buy extras, and you'd be in the same boat. Like I said I love Heath, but cost is the major issue with them, and its perfectly ok to admit it here. He has the BEST price on ECMs, which is really nice, since from what I've read he also has the best.

Hang on there. Perhaps you should clear that injector story up with Bill, himself. I talked with him about this specific issue and he's got nothing to hide. This is how rumors get started.

Incidentally, his 4" system seems to be priced right. 4" mandrel bent isn't available at just any muffler shop.

Not trying to pick on you at all. Please don't read that into it:thumbsup:

Don't worry SnowDrift!

As for the leaking injectors, I would never think Bill would hide, in fact he even posted on that thread, offering an immediate replacement and rectification of the problem, which is to his credit, and it certainly falls inline with his reputation. As for the exhaust, my 4 inch mandrel bent MKO Power system (I don't know if they make it or resell another system :dunno:) was 300 USD shipped to my door. Heaths is 495 USD plus shipping... thats more than a 200 dollar difference for a 4 inch, mandrel bent, aluminized exhaust. The systems are all pretty much the same, 3 inch DP immediately going to 4 inches post DP ( I don't know what system doesn't do that, but some vendors slam unnamed competitors for cheating this :dunno:) Maybe heaths is a significantly heavier gauge? i don't think so, since mine is pretty rugged, plenty thick IMO, but hey, you never know. I rode in Turbine Doc's truck with the Heath exhaust and I don't notice any difference with mine. All that is why I feel the way I do on the exhaust. My injectors also cost A LOT less than from Heath, but I know why Heath is a good option : He stands behind his products, so you pay more for his service. I don't think there is much service that goes along with an exhaust system.

Back