• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire wear on a 94 K3500

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
I hope this isn't a stupid/obvious question..
What would make the front tires on my 94 K3500 wear on the outsides and not the insides? I have metal threads showing after 25k on new tires :yikes:
I changed the ball joints, tie rods seem good. Dose it just need an alignment or is there something else I should be looking at? Thanks for reading!
Justin

Did you do the wheel bearings as well?On my 94 I didnt have to change the front wheel bearings but I did have to re-pack and tighten a bit.It was uneven wear though like when you have a wheel hop?Always did wear funny on the fronts though and I was pretty anal about air-pressure.

I didn't do the wheel bearings, was your 94 4x4 or 4x2? I don't know how to re pack them on mine..
And they are wearing bald evenly all around the outer edge:nonod:

Its an alignment problem, I hade the same problem on my truck, have you messed with the torsion bars? That will do it. Mine was aligned perfectly then I dropped the front a a few cranks because it had a saggy but, and the tires wore pretty good but just on 1 side like you are describing. I still havent got it aligned though...

I had 4x2.Definitely take it in and get aligned it couldn't hurt,have them show you the #'s.

Definitely needs a front end alignment. Also check the wheel bearings, tie-rod ends and the rest of the steering linkage.

If it's a 4x4, it's definately from cranking the torsion bars. As stated above, get an alignment.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm sure the PO messed with them as it had a set of new front tires on it when I got it, and I never took it in Ive just been be lazy and kept putting new tires on it :eek:16:

Back