• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire suggestions

Duramaxin 41

I'm Confused
Reaction score
I am going to be in the market before to long to put some new shoes on my truck. I am running 35x12.50x18E Nitto Mud Grapplers right now and I would like to have some suggestions on some other kinds of tires.

I will only run Interco Tires on my rigs...they are a little noisey but I like how they tow, how they ride, and how they perform on road and off road. For the price you can't do better. I can buy two sets of them for the price of one set of Toyo's. So price wise with how they wear, it end up being pretty even.

I like my BFG A/T. Quite and a nice ride...

the difference between a load range d and a load range e is so minimal that unless you are completely over loaded, you won't notice the difference

Agreed. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

the difference between a load range d and a load range e is so minimal that unless you are completely over loaded, you won't notice the difference

I've always stayed with the "E" tires with my diesels, just to play it safe. My 6.0L 2500HD I had I was okay putting "D" on it, mainly because I knew my payload and towing limits were lower then with the D'max. Just my .02

I agree, e rated may though give a little stiffer ride when not towing. I have cooper atr's on my diesel and love the tire. raptor toy hauler is approx 12500 lbs. Im still using d rated.

Id say as long as you dont do heavy gooseneck towing your fine with a D.

Mine are Ds but if I ever need to tow anything I grab one of the other Dmaxes.

As for tires. I love my BFG A/Ts. And if you sled pull they are argueably the best street sled pulling tire there is that you can still drive on teh street with.

The Interco Super Swamper Trxus STS are a little better for pulling but as soon as you go down the road with them they loose their bite. The BFGs hold the bite a little better.

However the Triple ply sidewall does ride a littel stiff.

i've had good luck with the good year silent armors. alot of people run d load rated tires if you notice the 245 e load rating is close to a 285 d load rating. so if you arent towing heavy you will be fine

The rating is so close that you'll be fine was my point...it seems like everyone agrees with me..as for the Truxus STS, I am running them on my Dodge and they grip on and offroad great!!! I love them, they were decent too! The Irok's are good but wear like shiz, and the Truxus M/T's are on their way for the other ride...I'll report back on them when I have some info....In case you didn't know, I am a HUGE INTERCO FAN!!!! I won't run anything else on my trucks

Well since it seems you like mud tires.....I have Mickey Thompson MTZ's...love them. with the rate they're wearing I should see 40k out of them. Pretty good for a mud tire with the power of the Dmax.

Back