• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Sierra Denali HD if for real...

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
http://www.gmc.com/2011sierra/denali/index.jsp

It looks like the Ford King Ranch has some compitetion now. I remember seeing this in pictures from the SEMA show of the Denali HD, but never heard anything about it actually going into production. I guess I have my new "when I win the lottery" truck!!! ):h

Also saw on the specs page, that the Duramax is getting an exhast brake for '11 as well. I guess I don't remember seeing or hearing about that either.

Hell yeah. That thing is nasty. I've always been partial to GMC's anyways and the Denali is always something that I've drooled over.

Stupid **********s only offer it as a CC/SB. For ****s sake make it available in CC/LB and both 3500 CC configs.:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Looks nice though.

Sticker Shock!

It does look like a nice package. We'll all get sticker shock when we see it! :D :D It will probably sticker out at about 60-65K. :eek: :eek:

When I was at the dealer buying my truck last week my sales guy was telling me about it. Maine is only supposed to get ONE of the Denali HD's and the dealership I got my truck from said they're gonna be the dealership that gets it... I dunno if he's just blowing smoke but he also said it had a sticker of 70k, which makes sense to me considering my 2010 SLT had a sticker of 57k... the extra 13k for the new LML, extra do-dads (probly gonna have heated washer fluid, autosense wipers and headlights, the whole works) plus the huge amount of chrome and the really nice denali badges... I believe the 70K sticker price.

Oh I can all but bet the farm that it's going to be an easy $65k pricetag. I too Nick have always loved the Denali and I really like the look of the new grilles on them as well.

I too would like to see it in some different configuations. IIRC, you can get the King Ranch in 3/4 or 1 ton, they all come in crew cab but you can get it in short or long bed and even in the dually. No reason why they shouldn't do it for the Denali. Now a 3500 Denali in CC/LB dually config... that would be something I would like! I better go clean up my mess from thinking about that...

Thats kick ass. Love the bold look of the GMC's and the Denali's are a hell of a vehicle(if you like the price tag that comes with them), but a Sierra Denali with the DMAX? Do share! They state that they have "increased the fuel tank capacity" and that the "improved fuel economy allows up to 680 miles on a single tank of fuel." The best I have ever done was just shy of 600 miles on one tank, and I was running on fumes by then. Makes you wonder how big this new fuel tank is... Especially with all the fuel robbing emissions crap hogging up the engine.

lol Anybody read the Independent front suspension part? "Solid axle is the only way to go" :rofl: :rofl:

Thats kick ass. Love the bold look of the GMC's and the Denali's are a hell of a vehicle(if you like the price tag that comes with them), but a Sierra Denali with the DMAX? Do share! They state that they have "increased the fuel tank capacity" and that the "improved fuel economy allows up to 680 miles on a single tank of fuel." The best I have ever done was just shy of 600 miles on one tank, and I was running on fumes by then. Makes you wonder how big this new fuel tank is... Especially with all the fuel robbing emissions crap hogging up the engine.

lol Anybody read the Independent front suspension part? "Solid axle is the only way to go" :rofl: :rofl:

It's going to be a 36 gallon tank now. I hated that 26 gallon tank on my '08 LMM. Now even if it was during Jan. with winter blend fuel driving up to northern Wisconsin, I only got 324 miles out of about a fuz more then 3/4 of a tank.:mad2:

Wonder if the company would buy this for me, I have been a failthful employee for almost 15 years....one of their best techs, wonder what the wifey would say if I brought it home.

Man, that is incredible. Exhaust brakes, holding the brakes for hill starts, (finally) an integrated brake controller, full luxo interior, that truck is gonna be the bomb.

GM has also upped the brake rotor size to 14" making 17" wheels standard. GFAWR is now 6k lbs. The exhaust now uses def for nox reduction and has a separate diesel injector in the exhaust for applying to the dpf for regens. All that plus 765ft/lb of tq and 397hp.

I too would like to see it in some different configuations. IIRC, you can get the King Ranch in 3/4 or 1 ton, they all come in crew cab but you can get it in short or long bed and even in the dually. No reason why they shouldn't do it for the Denali. Now a 3500 Denali in CC/LB dually config... that would be something I would like! I better go clean up my mess from thinking about that...

I agree completely. If they would make other configurations than the CC/SB I think it would be even more popular. I still think it's a good idea on GM's part for this one.

I don't know why it's taken this long... I've identified this market for a while, and I'm not auto pro. Just looking at the number of SLT's and LTZ's... the market trend over the last 10 years for light duty diesels has been towards crew cabs with luxurious interiors. Where I'm from in logging/farming country its a status thing, and I'm sure its the same in many other areas... Ford and Gm have been putting out quality luxury diesels for a while, the Denali from GM was just the necessary "next rung on the ladder".

Back