• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

the duraterm incident

iamdave0887

Here Comes Chaos.....
Reaction score
had something somewhat funny happen. my store carries the duraterms for our trucks(part number 80034). we only had 4 in stock so i checked inventory at the other stores. another store about 20 minutes away had 4 in stock as well. i put them on hold and gave a fellow associate $40 cash for them since she said she'd pick them up because she had to go there anyways. at my job the bosch duraterms retail for $10.09 each. i get 20% discount on parts. i bought the 4 at my job for like $34.xx after tax and discount. the next day she comes to work with the other glow plugs and she says i've got change for you. i figured it wasn't more than a few dollars so i told her she could keep it since she picked them up for me. she said no and hands me at least $25 back. she said they were $3.xx a plug, i look at the receipt and it shows 4 bottles of valvoline 10w-30 was bought instead of the glow plugs.

Valvoline Durablend?

Semi-synthetic oil in lieu of glow plugs...? Are you sure it will work?:smilewinkgrin:

Great story. Just proves that a good parts guy is worth his/her weight in gold.

Regards,

I heard that if you pour the Vavoline Durablend in the hole and apply 12v it works better than the glows.

Rob :)

That is funny!!!!

I guess you can never let anybody shop for you!!! Good thing you did not ask her to change the GP in your truck.

Did you give her at least a part number?

That is funny!!!!

I guess you can never let anybody shop for you!!! Good thing you did not ask her to change the GP in your truck.

Did you give her at least a part number?

she wouldn't know where the glow plugs are never mind how to change them. its actually nice as my stores getting a diesel section and i'm going to try and see if i can be "in charge" of that section as i'm the only one who knows diesels there. i couldn't tell you how many times i get paged and end up with a "here's your guy for trucks" and i get a customer handed to me.

yes i gave her the 80034 part number and told her to "make sure they are duraterms" and even put the parts on hold for her so she just had to say "i'm here for such and such part". funny thing was. she called them "spark plugs" when she gave them to me. i took one out of the box and said "since when have you seen a spark plug that looks like that?" she just gave me a dumb look. good deal on the plugs. i was told by my manager "its not my problem" so i'll take her advice, and buy more glowplugs there and ship em out to the highest bidder. :devil:

Last edited:
Back