• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The BBB suddenly after warm up has low oil pressure

Reaction score
This motor in 'Big Blue B@sterd' is a 2nd hand one from a wrecking yard that I've been running for about a year. Normally oil pressure ran 40 pounds after startup but recently it starts at 40 and drops down to nill afert about 7 minutes of drive time. In the hopes of a gauge or sender issue, I found a free replacement Insturment Panel but the readings of oil pressure were the same but the Volmeter was working on the replacement IP.
Next I had a shop replace the sender, given my back issues I couldn't make the reach, but this had no effect either. The shop verified that with motor at operating temperature with an analog gauge it was pushing 40 pounds, but I think I should see that for myself. There are no secondary indicators of lack of oil pressure, the motor's not heating up and the rocker arms are not rattling not are there any other unusual noises in the engine compartment. Where should I go from here?

This motor in 'Big Blue B@sterd' is a 2nd hand one from a wrecking yard that I've been running for about a year. Normally oil pressure ran 40 pounds after startup but recently it starts at 40 and drops down to nill afert about 7 minutes of drive time. In the hopes of a gauge or sender issue, I found a free replacement Insturment Panel but the readings of oil pressure were the same but the Volmeter was working on the replacement IP.
Next I had a shop replace the sender, given my back issues I couldn't make the reach, but this had no effect either. The shop verified that with motor at operating temperature with an analog gauge it was pushing 40 pounds, but I think I should see that for myself. There are no secondary indicators of lack of oil pressure, the motor's not heating up and the rocker arms are not rattling not are there any other unusual noises in the engine compartment. Where should I go from here?
Get a high valume oil pump and put in it cause it sounds like the one you have now is going out I sujest a high volume one cause it has better pressure and they last a very long time we had the same problem in my dad's truck so we switch it out to a high volume one cause it gets more oil to the motor and it keeps a steady oil pressure

Back