• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tahoe motor rebuild

Worked on the 6.5 today and got all the valves adjusted . And me and my cousin put on the valve covers intake,ip injectors,which I did a quick pop test,all were 1950 psi. Also put a flywheel and starter on . We set it on wood blocks and had it running on the floor:):) Totally impressed . Smoothest running 6.5 I ever had ,and extremely snappy,not at all like my 6.2. We used kerosene so it would start easier,and only hooked up 3, 24 volt glows and the shop was close to freezing temp. Oil pressure was over 80 psi at idle .

Worked on the 6.5 today and got all the valves adjusted . And me and my cousin put on the valve covers intake,ip injectors,which I did a quick pop test,all were 1950 psi. Also put a flywheel and starter on . We set it on wood blocks and had it running on the floor:):) Totally impressed . Smoothest running 6.5 I ever had ,and extremely snappy,not at all like my 6.2. We used kerosene so it would start easier,and only hooked up 3, 24 volt glows and the shop was close to freezing temp. Oil pressure was over 80 psi at idle .

thats great news... what pump are you running? which turbo?...... got any pics or vids?...

We just put a turned up stock pump on. And didn't bother with a turbo,since we were determend to here it run . I'll try to get at least one video,and some pictures.

We just put a turned up stock pump on. And didn't bother with a turbo,since we were determend to here it run . I'll try to get at least one video,and some pictures.

should be interesting what you find running that schwitzer s-300 turbo on there, it is suposed to be an exelent turbo for the 6.5l....

It is,but mine is not near as big as the latest and greatest S-300's that are so popular. Guess we will find out eventually how good or bad it really is .

I was debating on installing a turbo. You cant really test one any how without putting the engine under a load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8GFpQ1kqkU 6.5 test run on diesel fuel instead of kero,like the first time.

nice..... that motor sounds great..... nice color scheme too, was thinkin that our next motor would be orange..... now need to think on a new color...LOL..... hey 6.2, what did your remote oil filter adapter come off of? did you/are you going to use it still?

It's for a 350 small block,I plan on using it with a dual filter mount on the inner fender.

You just need the right threading and right diameter.

Threads: 13/16-16
Diameter is around 3.5"

At least thats why I use on the oil filter, since I dont have an adaptor with the 2WD truck.
oil filter gasket says is OD 3.444 and ID 3.1

Then get the largest ports you can, like -12 or -10, 1/2", ect...

Post #99. The picture to the left is stock,and all the way right is how I have it now. I plugged the filter bypass and removed the big plug with a small hole in it. The other bypass I left alone since it does nothing.

so how is the project coming? did you finally get the motor in the truck? i was wondering where you got your shims that you used for the valve springs.... if you could point me in the right direction it would be apprieciated.... thanks

I have the motor installed,but not finished yet. I started a new thread called 4 door Tahoe project,in the project central section. The valve spring shims were from the local hardware store.

Back