• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suburban tire size

steelydan

Reaction score
What size tires are you running on K2500 6.5TD Suburbans? It has 245-75-16 on it now. I was going to go to 235-85-16 or 285-75-16. I had 255-85-16 on my last Sub but it was a 1989 K2500.

I've got 265/75-16. No rubbing problems - I think the 285/75-16's that some guys use may rub a little. I adjusted my VSSB to compensate for the taller tire - my speedo was off by just a tad over 3%. I wasn't really worried about that, but I did want my odometer to stay as accurate as possible.

I know you asked about 2500s but the 1500 are the same except for the rear axle (mostly). I've had 235/85-16E since new.

if you go offroading 285x75x16"s will rub when the front suspension is compressed. if your on the street only or are willing to trim slightly it will fit just fine. 235x85's are roughly the same height, just skinnier and wont need the trimming.

Taller tire is 235x85 without rubbing. I use 265x75 because the 235x85 was less available in store warehouse so if I need warranty, chances are I have to wait.

Does not mean to hijack the thread but does anybody knows how to adjust that VSSB?

Back